Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Cente, Provo, will host auditions for "Blithe Spirit," Aug. 13 and 14, 7-9 p.m. Come prepared with a 1-minutes comedic monologue or an elaborate joke. (801-852-7007 or www.coveycenter.org)
Pleasant Grove Players will hold auditions for "The Spitfire Grill," Aug. 21 and 22, 7-9 p.m., in the Keith Christeson Theater, on the first floor of the Pleasant Grove Library, 30 E. Center, Pleasant Grove. Come prepared with 32 measures of an upbeat song that shows your range. A pianist will be provided, or music can be played form a CD or mp3 player. Be prepared for a cold reading from the script. No appointment is needed. Call Kathryn Little at 801-836-8104 for more information. (www.pgplayers.com)
EarthWell festival is looking for young musicians to compete in the Sound Off competition at the festival, Aug. 25 and 26, at Jordanelle State Park, 2500 W. State Route 32, Kamas. The competition is open to musicians 18 or under. (www.earthwellfestival.org/soundoff.htm)
The Salt Lake Symphony invites musicians to audition for its 2012-13 season, Aug. 28, 7 p.m. For more information call the general manager at 801-250-9419. (www.saltlakesymphony.org)
Salt Lake Children's Choir will hold auditions for boys and girls, ages 8-15, in early August. For more information, call 801-537-1412 or log on to www.childrensing.com)
Imagine Ballet Theatre is accepting applications for the Rocky Mountain Choreography Festival. Applicants may choreograph pieces for a range of dancers, including solo, duet, small group and ensemble. Entries are accepted in ballroom, classical, contemporary, ethnic, hip-hop, jazz, modern, tap or other styles. Application deadline is Sept. 1. (www.imagineballet.org)
Salt Lake Choral Artists is holding auditions for its 2012-13 concert and touring season. Auditions will be held Aug. 2-20, by appointment. To schedule an audition for the Concert, Chamber, Women's, or Men's Choir or the Salt Lake Vocal Artists, contact audition coordinator Lee Pratt via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 801-556-3216 or 435-783-2749. Young singers interested in joining the Young Choral Artists should contact John Walker at email@example.com or Joan Brinton at firstname.lastname@example.org. (www.saltlakechoralartists.org)
Pioneer Theatre Company will hold children's auditions for "A Christmas Carol: The Musical" and "Les Miserables," Aug. 31, noon-5 p.m. Come prepared with a traditional musical theater-style song and bring music. An accompanist will be provided. A photo and resume are recommended. (801-581-6961 or www.pioneertheatre.org/about-us/audition-info)
Submit listings to email@example.com before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1