Marwan Naamani,Afp/Getty Images
The olympic moment
Liz Cambage made the play of the day. The 6-foot-8 Australian dunked. FIBA couldn't confirm if she was the first woman to dunk in an Olympic game. But her teammates knew she had done something special in Australia's 70-66 victory over Russia.
"Everything she does on and off the field, she leads this team."
U.S. women's soccer coach Pia Sundhage
on Abby Wambach, who has scored in all three games the Americans have played.
Former Utah Utes women's basketball players Kim Smith and Shona Thorburn helped lift the Canadian team to a 79-73 victory over Brazil on Friday and a spot in the Games' quarterfinal round.
Elimination round to be broadcasted in prime time
Reasons to watch: American teams of Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings and Jake Gibb and Sean Rosenthal compete in the round of 16.
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 91
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 79
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 17