Charles Dharapak, AP
CLINTON, Tenn. — Could be Lowell Turpin would know Mitt Romney by sight — now.
A Tennessee sheriff deputy's report said the 40-year-old Turpin was clueless on July 22 when he became angry after seeing a photo of a man he didn't recognize on his girlfriend's Facebook page. It was the Republican presidential contender.
The Knoxville News Sentinel reported the officer said Turpin smashed the laptop against a wall and then punched his girlfriend.
He was still in the Anderson County Jail, northwest of Knoxville, on Friday morning. Assistant Public Defender Ann Coria was in court and was not immediately available for comment.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- Israeli airstrike kills 3 senior Hamas leaders
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 107
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14