Charles Dharapak, AP
CLINTON, Tenn. — Could be Lowell Turpin would know Mitt Romney by sight — now.
A Tennessee sheriff deputy's report said the 40-year-old Turpin was clueless on July 22 when he became angry after seeing a photo of a man he didn't recognize on his girlfriend's Facebook page. It was the Republican presidential contender.
The Knoxville News Sentinel reported the officer said Turpin smashed the laptop against a wall and then punched his girlfriend.
He was still in the Anderson County Jail, northwest of Knoxville, on Friday morning. Assistant Public Defender Ann Coria was in court and was not immediately available for comment.
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Catholic leaders' deliberations over divorce...
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6