Marwan Naamani,Afp/Getty Images
The olympic moment
Kayla Harrison became the first American judo champion in the Olympics, winning the gold medal in the under-78-kilogram division by beating Britain's Gemma Gibbons 2-0.
"That is an American dynasty, baby.
It's just so special."
U.S. crewmember after the women's eight team captured gold to continue the squad's six-year dominance.
Former BYU Cougar produced nine points, including seven kills and a block as the U.S. beat Brazil, 23-25, 27-25, 25-19, 25-17. Team USA is now 3-0 in preliminary action.
U.S. vs. Serbia
During NBC's 7 p.m. prime-time coverage
Reasons to watch: Highland High grad Logan Tom and Team USA look to remain unbeaten in the preliminary round.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Hood, Hayward help Jazz eclipse Suns for...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- 'Heart-to-heart' talk between Krystkowiak and...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 100
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 59
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- College football signing day central:... 34
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 32
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29