Marwan Naamani,Afp/Getty Images
The olympic moment
Kayla Harrison became the first American judo champion in the Olympics, winning the gold medal in the under-78-kilogram division by beating Britain's Gemma Gibbons 2-0.
"That is an American dynasty, baby.
It's just so special."
U.S. crewmember after the women's eight team captured gold to continue the squad's six-year dominance.
Former BYU Cougar produced nine points, including seven kills and a block as the U.S. beat Brazil, 23-25, 27-25, 25-19, 25-17. Team USA is now 3-0 in preliminary action.
U.S. vs. Serbia
During NBC's 7 p.m. prime-time coverage
Reasons to watch: Highland High grad Logan Tom and Team USA look to remain unbeaten in the preliminary round.
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal for...
- Free agent roundup: 14 locals from BYU, Utah,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September schedule:...
- Salt Lake residents may find it difficult to...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Utes have three players taken on the second...
- Ranking the 33 Utah ties selected in the NFL...
- BYU seeking its 4th straight rugby national...
- Brad Rock: Utah-BYU rivalry will... 158
- Dick Harmon: Utes clearly lead local... 80
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 75
- Yeomans: What does Jimmer Fredette need... 54
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 52
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 38
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 38
- BYU's 2015 bowl destination could be... 31