Marwan Naamani,Afp/Getty Images
The olympic moment
Kayla Harrison became the first American judo champion in the Olympics, winning the gold medal in the under-78-kilogram division by beating Britain's Gemma Gibbons 2-0.
"That is an American dynasty, baby.
It's just so special."
U.S. crewmember after the women's eight team captured gold to continue the squad's six-year dominance.
Former BYU Cougar produced nine points, including seven kills and a block as the U.S. beat Brazil, 23-25, 27-25, 25-19, 25-17. Team USA is now 3-0 in preliminary action.
U.S. vs. Serbia
During NBC's 7 p.m. prime-time coverage
Reasons to watch: Highland High grad Logan Tom and Team USA look to remain unbeaten in the preliminary round.
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- National champion Sam Mikulak leads US men's...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 74
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 47
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 43
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 34
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20