Marwan Naamani,Afp/Getty Images
The olympic moment
Kayla Harrison became the first American judo champion in the Olympics, winning the gold medal in the under-78-kilogram division by beating Britain's Gemma Gibbons 2-0.
"That is an American dynasty, baby.
It's just so special."
U.S. crewmember after the women's eight team captured gold to continue the squad's six-year dominance.
Former BYU Cougar produced nine points, including seven kills and a block as the U.S. beat Brazil, 23-25, 27-25, 25-19, 25-17. Team USA is now 3-0 in preliminary action.
U.S. vs. Serbia
During NBC's 7 p.m. prime-time coverage
Reasons to watch: Highland High grad Logan Tom and Team USA look to remain unbeaten in the preliminary round.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 46
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30