OGDEN — The Ogden Raptors won the rubber match of their three-game series against the Idaho Falls Chukars 4-1 Thursday night at Lindquist Field.
Starter Jake Hermsen earned his first professional win, pitching five shutout innings. The lefty allowed just four hits and struck out four in the outing.
Jharel Cotton was solid out of the bullpen, providing three innings of relief. He allowed just one run on three hits, striking out four.
Owen Jones pitched a hitless ninth, whiffing two, for his third save.
The Raptors scored three runs in the first to take control.
ROCKIES 8, OWLZ 2: At Grand Junction, Colo., after scoring an unearned run in the first, the Owlz were blown out by the Rockies. Michael Snyder had Orem's lone RBI.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14