Here's one to make Cleveland fans shake their heads: A partial owner of the hated Pittsburgh Steelers is buying the Browns.
Randy Lerner has reached a deal to sell the club to Tennessee truck-stop magnate Jimmy Haslam III — a minority stockholder in the rival Steelers.
Lerner will sell 70 percent of the Browns to Haslam now, with the other 30 percent reverting to him four years after the closing date, a person with knowledge of the sale told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because details have not officially been announced.
While the papers have been signed, the NFL still must approve the sale. Getting the nod from 24 of the 32 teams is required, and no date has been set for a vote because the sale has not been presented to the league yet.
PASSIONATE OLYMPIC FAN: Defensive tackle Mitch Unrein is setting his alarm for the wee hours Saturday morning even though the Denver Broncos' stadium scrimmage isn't until mid-afternoon.
Unrein is hoping to watch his girlfriend, Olympic trap shooter Corey Cogdell, strike gold in London.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 64
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51