Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
Let's look at the promised most transparent presidency to date. It took almost three years to produce a birth certificate. After four years of challenging President Obama to let us see his college records and thesis, no response. Leaks of very serious consequences from the White House. We can't find out anything. These leaks of our security and secret agents make Nixon's Watergate scandal appear as a driving violation.
When we try to get to the bottom of Fast and Furious, the president intervenes with executive privilege. Not transparent. Not even translucent. Always obscure. By comparison all Democrats are clamoring to see Mitt Romney's tax returns even though he has submitted all that are required. My request is that we'll show you ours if you'll show us yours.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 63
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 48
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 31
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 16