Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
Let's look at the promised most transparent presidency to date. It took almost three years to produce a birth certificate. After four years of challenging President Obama to let us see his college records and thesis, no response. Leaks of very serious consequences from the White House. We can't find out anything. These leaks of our security and secret agents make Nixon's Watergate scandal appear as a driving violation.
When we try to get to the bottom of Fast and Furious, the president intervenes with executive privilege. Not transparent. Not even translucent. Always obscure. By comparison all Democrats are clamoring to see Mitt Romney's tax returns even though he has submitted all that are required. My request is that we'll show you ours if you'll show us yours.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Letter: Access to health care
- Letter: Who can we trust?
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...