Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
Let's look at the promised most transparent presidency to date. It took almost three years to produce a birth certificate. After four years of challenging President Obama to let us see his college records and thesis, no response. Leaks of very serious consequences from the White House. We can't find out anything. These leaks of our security and secret agents make Nixon's Watergate scandal appear as a driving violation.
When we try to get to the bottom of Fast and Furious, the president intervenes with executive privilege. Not transparent. Not even translucent. Always obscure. By comparison all Democrats are clamoring to see Mitt Romney's tax returns even though he has submitted all that are required. My request is that we'll show you ours if you'll show us yours.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- About Utah: Without fanfare, the National...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How will...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 54
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 29
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 20
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 18