Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
Let's look at the promised most transparent presidency to date. It took almost three years to produce a birth certificate. After four years of challenging President Obama to let us see his college records and thesis, no response. Leaks of very serious consequences from the White House. We can't find out anything. These leaks of our security and secret agents make Nixon's Watergate scandal appear as a driving violation.
When we try to get to the bottom of Fast and Furious, the president intervenes with executive privilege. Not transparent. Not even translucent. Always obscure. By comparison all Democrats are clamoring to see Mitt Romney's tax returns even though he has submitted all that are required. My request is that we'll show you ours if you'll show us yours.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 41
- Letter: American billionaires 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- President should not act without... 28