Our take: The thrill and excitement of the competition brings people together from around the world to experience the Olympics, and while two "boys" were thousands of miles apart, they had the opportunity to talk about one thing they had in common, growing up in Bountiful, Utah.
Olympic volleyball player Jake Gibb and KSL's Kevin Eubank got together, granted it was thousands of miles apart to swap stories growing up as Bountiful boys. Gibb went on to become an Olympian and Eubank beams about the hard work that Gibb put in.
"It doesn't matter where you grow up, it doesn't matter where you come from," Eubank said. "If you want to achieve something and you are willing to put in the effort and time to do it you can be a world-class athlete and Olympian."
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8