Our take: The thrill and excitement of the competition brings people together from around the world to experience the Olympics, and while two "boys" were thousands of miles apart, they had the opportunity to talk about one thing they had in common, growing up in Bountiful, Utah.
Olympic volleyball player Jake Gibb and KSL's Kevin Eubank got together, granted it was thousands of miles apart to swap stories growing up as Bountiful boys. Gibb went on to become an Olympian and Eubank beams about the hard work that Gibb put in.
"It doesn't matter where you grow up, it doesn't matter where you come from," Eubank said. "If you want to achieve something and you are willing to put in the effort and time to do it you can be a world-class athlete and Olympian."
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 28
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 22