Our take: Pope Benedict XVI is already preparing for the 28th World Youth Day by encouraging youth to step up evangelization efforts. According to a Vatican statement, the hope is that, "young people, called to follow Christ, may be willing to proclaim and bear witness to the Gospel to the ends of the earth." The Pope, who reaches out frequently to youth, tries to challenge them with the idea that finding true happiness is based on following Jesus.
With exactly one year to go until the 28th World Youth Day begins in Rio de Janeiro, Pope Benedict XVI is praying this August that young people will engage in evangelization.
That young people, called to follow Christ, may be willing to proclaim and bear witness to the Gospel to the ends of the earth, the official Vatican statement from July 31 says.
Pope Benedicts mission prayer intention echoes almost exactly the theme for next years event in Brazil, Go and make disciples of all nations.
It also comes only days after he used his traditional Sunday Angelus address to send his best wishes to those organizing the six-day international festival, which will take place July 23-28, 2013.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 43
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 32
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 14
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10