Our take: Pope Benedict XVI is already preparing for the 28th World Youth Day by encouraging youth to step up evangelization efforts. According to a Vatican statement, the hope is that, "young people, called to follow Christ, may be willing to proclaim and bear witness to the Gospel to the ends of the earth." The Pope, who reaches out frequently to youth, tries to challenge them with the idea that finding true happiness is based on following Jesus.
With exactly one year to go until the 28th World Youth Day begins in Rio de Janeiro, Pope Benedict XVI is praying this August that young people will engage in evangelization.
That young people, called to follow Christ, may be willing to proclaim and bear witness to the Gospel to the ends of the earth, the official Vatican statement from July 31 says.
Pope Benedicts mission prayer intention echoes almost exactly the theme for next years event in Brazil, Go and make disciples of all nations.
It also comes only days after he used his traditional Sunday Angelus address to send his best wishes to those organizing the six-day international festival, which will take place July 23-28, 2013.
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4