'SharePrayer' app lets users share prayer requests with others
Our take: Sixteen-year-old Thomas Strock wanted to help people's prayer requests reach a greater number of those who would pray and was inspired to create "SharePrayer" an app that acts as an online community where people can post and read prayer requests. Compatible with iPhone, iPad or Android OS, ShaprePrayer is becoming another tool church leaders can use to connect people.
A high school student recently created and launched SharePrayer, an application for iOS and Android that allows believers to post prayer requests in a newsfeed similar to Facebook's.
Thomas Strock, this 16-year-old student from Pennsylvania, wanted to use his gifts in the business world to serve God and made SharePrayer as an online community where believers could post up and read the prayer requests of others and intercede for them.
"There are some people who are great at sports, and some people who are great at music," said Strock to The Christian Post. "I'm great at business, and I've hired the developers I worked with and tried to put something [SharePrayer] together that would help people."
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Community of Christ recommends marriage,...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 44
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 25
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 16
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15