High school basketball: Brighton's Brandon Miller commits to University of Utah
SANDY — Brighton High shooting guard Brandon Miller verbally committed to the University of Utah on Wednesday evening.
Miller averaged 21.6 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists during his junior season last year in leading Brighton to the 5A state championship game against Lone Peak. Miller is a great shooter who also knocked down 67 3-pointers last season.
Along with Utah, the 6-foot-2 guard was being recruited by BYU, Utah State, Stanford and Arizona State, among others.
Miller joins East High standout Parker Van Dyke, who verbally committed to the Utah earlier this summer.
The verbal commitments by both Van Dyke and Miller are excellent recruits for coach Larry Krystkowiak to land as he tries to rebuild the program.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU, Utah fans react to Max Hall's arrest...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 73
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31