High school basketball: Brighton's Brandon Miller commits to University of Utah
SANDY — Brighton High shooting guard Brandon Miller verbally committed to the University of Utah on Wednesday evening.
Miller averaged 21.6 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists during his junior season last year in leading Brighton to the 5A state championship game against Lone Peak. Miller is a great shooter who also knocked down 67 3-pointers last season.
Along with Utah, the 6-foot-2 guard was being recruited by BYU, Utah State, Stanford and Arizona State, among others.
Miller joins East High standout Parker Van Dyke, who verbally committed to the Utah earlier this summer.
The verbal commitments by both Van Dyke and Miller are excellent recruits for coach Larry Krystkowiak to land as he tries to rebuild the program.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 52
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28