High school basketball: Brighton's Brandon Miller commits to University of Utah
SANDY — Brighton High shooting guard Brandon Miller verbally committed to the University of Utah on Wednesday evening.
Miller averaged 21.6 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists during his junior season last year in leading Brighton to the 5A state championship game against Lone Peak. Miller is a great shooter who also knocked down 67 3-pointers last season.
Along with Utah, the 6-foot-2 guard was being recruited by BYU, Utah State, Stanford and Arizona State, among others.
Miller joins East High standout Parker Van Dyke, who verbally committed to the Utah earlier this summer.
The verbal commitments by both Van Dyke and Miller are excellent recruits for coach Larry Krystkowiak to land as he tries to rebuild the program.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20