High school basketball: Brighton's Brandon Miller commits to University of Utah
SANDY — Brighton High shooting guard Brandon Miller verbally committed to the University of Utah on Wednesday evening.
Miller averaged 21.6 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists during his junior season last year in leading Brighton to the 5A state championship game against Lone Peak. Miller is a great shooter who also knocked down 67 3-pointers last season.
Along with Utah, the 6-foot-2 guard was being recruited by BYU, Utah State, Stanford and Arizona State, among others.
Miller joins East High standout Parker Van Dyke, who verbally committed to the Utah earlier this summer.
The verbal commitments by both Van Dyke and Miller are excellent recruits for coach Larry Krystkowiak to land as he tries to rebuild the program.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30