Our take: In a piece titled "Are millennials the screwed generation?," The Daily Beast looks at the now record-breaking wealth gap between today's youths and their parents. The article details how the older generation's inability to live within its means is impacting children, showing up in high unemployment rates, overwhelming debt and delayed advancements into adulthood.
Todays youth, both here and abroad, have been screwed by their parents fiscal profligacy and economic mismanagement. Neil Howe, a leading generational theorist, cites the greed, shortsightedness, and blind partisanship of the boomers, of whom he is one, for having brought the global economy to its knees.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately at...
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- 10 things to know about corporate... 29
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13