Our take: In a piece titled "Are millennials the screwed generation?," The Daily Beast looks at the now record-breaking wealth gap between today's youths and their parents. The article details how the older generation's inability to live within its means is impacting children, showing up in high unemployment rates, overwhelming debt and delayed advancements into adulthood.
Todays youth, both here and abroad, have been screwed by their parents fiscal profligacy and economic mismanagement. Neil Howe, a leading generational theorist, cites the greed, shortsightedness, and blind partisanship of the boomers, of whom he is one, for having brought the global economy to its knees.
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris...
- Police: Fugitive killed Florida officer
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 18
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 12
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8