Our take: In a piece titled "Are millennials the screwed generation?," The Daily Beast looks at the now record-breaking wealth gap between today's youths and their parents. The article details how the older generation's inability to live within its means is impacting children, showing up in high unemployment rates, overwhelming debt and delayed advancements into adulthood.
Todays youth, both here and abroad, have been screwed by their parents fiscal profligacy and economic mismanagement. Neil Howe, a leading generational theorist, cites the greed, shortsightedness, and blind partisanship of the boomers, of whom he is one, for having brought the global economy to its knees.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 23
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 20
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13