I really saw "red" reading Newel Standley's letter ("Editorial cartoon misleading about Republican attitude," Readers' Forum, July 21). Liberals think they are the only ones who care about the human condition. It's very clear to me that most of us on either side want the best for everyone. We just have different ideas on how to do that.
Democrats love to call the GOP obstructionist. Is a mom who tells her 10-year-old she cannot date until she is older being obstructionist, or being responsible? Is a Republican saying, earn enough money yourself to pay for college and buy your own insurance being obstructionist, or being realistic? The examples could go on forever.
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- Letter: Our public lands
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 29
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Mantua speed trap 17
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 15