I really saw "red" reading Newel Standley's letter ("Editorial cartoon misleading about Republican attitude," Readers' Forum, July 21). Liberals think they are the only ones who care about the human condition. It's very clear to me that most of us on either side want the best for everyone. We just have different ideas on how to do that.
Democrats love to call the GOP obstructionist. Is a mom who tells her 10-year-old she cannot date until she is older being obstructionist, or being responsible? Is a Republican saying, earn enough money yourself to pay for college and buy your own insurance being obstructionist, or being realistic? The examples could go on forever.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30