I really saw "red" reading Newel Standley's letter ("Editorial cartoon misleading about Republican attitude," Readers' Forum, July 21). Liberals think they are the only ones who care about the human condition. It's very clear to me that most of us on either side want the best for everyone. We just have different ideas on how to do that.
Democrats love to call the GOP obstructionist. Is a mom who tells her 10-year-old she cannot date until she is older being obstructionist, or being responsible? Is a Republican saying, earn enough money yourself to pay for college and buy your own insurance being obstructionist, or being realistic? The examples could go on forever.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 107
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 43
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 42