I really saw "red" reading Newel Standley's letter ("Editorial cartoon misleading about Republican attitude," Readers' Forum, July 21). Liberals think they are the only ones who care about the human condition. It's very clear to me that most of us on either side want the best for everyone. We just have different ideas on how to do that.
Democrats love to call the GOP obstructionist. Is a mom who tells her 10-year-old she cannot date until she is older being obstructionist, or being responsible? Is a Republican saying, earn enough money yourself to pay for college and buy your own insurance being obstructionist, or being realistic? The examples could go on forever.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32