I really saw "red" reading Newel Standley's letter ("Editorial cartoon misleading about Republican attitude," Readers' Forum, July 21). Liberals think they are the only ones who care about the human condition. It's very clear to me that most of us on either side want the best for everyone. We just have different ideas on how to do that.
Democrats love to call the GOP obstructionist. Is a mom who tells her 10-year-old she cannot date until she is older being obstructionist, or being responsible? Is a Republican saying, earn enough money yourself to pay for college and buy your own insurance being obstructionist, or being realistic? The examples could go on forever.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25