Our take: The new Microsoft webmail service looks to be a welcome replacement for the "stale" Hotmail email service. Microsoft hopes to give Google a run for its money and even replace it.
That would be a blow to a company that has become one of Microsoft's main rivals, competing on several different fronts, including free email services, search, browsers, operating systems and cloud-based enterprise apps.
The second blow in Microsoft's one-two punch is to beef up its suite of cloud-based apps for the enterprise, which is a major point of competition with Google and its Google Apps.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Obama announces new birth control fixes for...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 119
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15