Our take: Rapper Snoop Dogg, also know by his real name Calvin Broadus Jr., has decided to drop his famous moniker for another, more reflective of a recent religious awakening. "Snoop Lion" will be the rapper's new name after he spent time in Jamaica and was given the name by a Rastafarian priest.
In 1993, the debut single Whats My Name? catapulted rapper Snoop Dogg to fame. But if you ask him that question now, hell have a different answer. Snoop Dogg changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual awakening in Jamaica this February, which he described to reporters at a press conference on Monday.
So, no more D-O-double-G. No more Doggfather or Dogghouse or Woof! which, presumably, will be replaced with a roar. Snoop Lion has been working on a reggae album, Reincarnated, the recording of which is being chronicled in a documentary film that premieres at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.
Snoop told reporters that he was rechristened Snoop Lion by a Rastafarian priest.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 37
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 32
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 16
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 12
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 11
- How would you describe God in just one... 11