Our take: Rapper Snoop Dogg, also know by his real name Calvin Broadus Jr., has decided to drop his famous moniker for another, more reflective of a recent religious awakening. "Snoop Lion" will be the rapper's new name after he spent time in Jamaica and was given the name by a Rastafarian priest.
In 1993, the debut single Whats My Name? catapulted rapper Snoop Dogg to fame. But if you ask him that question now, hell have a different answer. Snoop Dogg changed his name to Snoop Lion after a spiritual awakening in Jamaica this February, which he described to reporters at a press conference on Monday.
So, no more D-O-double-G. No more Doggfather or Dogghouse or Woof! which, presumably, will be replaced with a roar. Snoop Lion has been working on a reggae album, Reincarnated, the recording of which is being chronicled in a documentary film that premieres at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.
Snoop told reporters that he was rechristened Snoop Lion by a Rastafarian priest.
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Understanding DNA testing in family history
- Kinshasa Democratic Republic of Congo Temple:...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 70
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 21
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S. 9
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 6
- Understanding DNA testing in family... 5