KEARNS — Stansbury stayed in the winners' bracket of the American Legion state tournament by outlasting Weber, 5-3, in nine innings on Tuesday night.
Tooele, which beat Helper 8-6, will play Stansbury at Oquirrh Field tonight. They are the last two unbeaten teams remaining in the state tournament.
West Jordan plays Cyprus at 2 p.m. and West faces Taylorsville at 4 p.m. in elimination games today.
West advanced on Tuesday by beating Granger 6-3 behind Mason Abrath's pitching. Taylorsville stayed alive by beating Woods Cross, 10-0, in five innings.
The West Jordan-Cyprus winner will face Helper at 5 p.m. The West-Taylorsville winner will play Weber at 7 p.m.
After today's games, the tournament moves to Gates Field at Kearns High on Thursday and Friday.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19