KEARNS — Stansbury stayed in the winners' bracket of the American Legion state tournament by outlasting Weber, 5-3, in nine innings on Tuesday night.
Tooele, which beat Helper 8-6, will play Stansbury at Oquirrh Field tonight. They are the last two unbeaten teams remaining in the state tournament.
West Jordan plays Cyprus at 2 p.m. and West faces Taylorsville at 4 p.m. in elimination games today.
West advanced on Tuesday by beating Granger 6-3 behind Mason Abrath's pitching. Taylorsville stayed alive by beating Woods Cross, 10-0, in five innings.
The West Jordan-Cyprus winner will face Helper at 5 p.m. The West-Taylorsville winner will play Weber at 7 p.m.
After today's games, the tournament moves to Gates Field at Kearns High on Thursday and Friday.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34