KEARNS — Stansbury stayed in the winners' bracket of the American Legion state tournament by outlasting Weber, 5-3, in nine innings on Tuesday night.
Tooele, which beat Helper 8-6, will play Stansbury at Oquirrh Field tonight. They are the last two unbeaten teams remaining in the state tournament.
West Jordan plays Cyprus at 2 p.m. and West faces Taylorsville at 4 p.m. in elimination games today.
West advanced on Tuesday by beating Granger 6-3 behind Mason Abrath's pitching. Taylorsville stayed alive by beating Woods Cross, 10-0, in five innings.
The West Jordan-Cyprus winner will face Helper at 5 p.m. The West-Taylorsville winner will play Weber at 7 p.m.
After today's games, the tournament moves to Gates Field at Kearns High on Thursday and Friday.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- Dick Harmon: Why NCAA's wise decision... 4
- Layton junior high wrestler loses... 3
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300... 3
- Ranking the 38 Utah ties selected in... 3
- High school baseball: Herriman rallies... 1
- One week left to vote for favorite... 0
- High school soccer: Bingham rallies... 0