KEARNS — Stansbury stayed in the winners' bracket of the American Legion state tournament by outlasting Weber, 5-3, in nine innings on Tuesday night.
Tooele, which beat Helper 8-6, will play Stansbury at Oquirrh Field tonight. They are the last two unbeaten teams remaining in the state tournament.
West Jordan plays Cyprus at 2 p.m. and West faces Taylorsville at 4 p.m. in elimination games today.
West advanced on Tuesday by beating Granger 6-3 behind Mason Abrath's pitching. Taylorsville stayed alive by beating Woods Cross, 10-0, in five innings.
The West Jordan-Cyprus winner will face Helper at 5 p.m. The West-Taylorsville winner will play Weber at 7 p.m.
After today's games, the tournament moves to Gates Field at Kearns High on Thursday and Friday.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- High school football: Friday's playoff roundup
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Utes carry momentum into showdown with the...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- High school football: State tournament... 56
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32