Our take: Even though it is recommended that babies drink their mother's milk, many don't receive it. What is stopping these mothers from breast-feeding?
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that women breast-feed for at least 12 months to get the full benefits of improved immunity for their children, and some groups and researchers say that any supplemental feedings in the first year are problematic because they believe exclusive nursing leads to the greatest health benefits.
Nevertheless, fewer than half of American babies are breast-fed for six months. I understand why.
What You May Have Missed
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- A simple way to know that you're with the...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Does an American child really go missing...
- The one joke we make about love may actually...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 50
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Does an American child really go... 3
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- 1 out of 7 Americans has this kind of... 2
- The one joke we make about love may... 2
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood... 1