Our take: Even though it is recommended that babies drink their mother's milk, many don't receive it. What is stopping these mothers from breast-feeding?
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that women breast-feed for at least 12 months to get the full benefits of improved immunity for their children, and some groups and researchers say that any supplemental feedings in the first year are problematic because they believe exclusive nursing leads to the greatest health benefits.
Nevertheless, fewer than half of American babies are breast-fed for six months. I understand why.
What You May Have Missed
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- 14 potential signs of autism you may be...
- Two powerful forces make American families...
- The Clean Cut: 3-year-old drumming prodigy...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Two powerful forces make American... 23
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 12
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 12
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 6
- Many adults delay parenthood for these... 5
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4