Our take: Even though it is recommended that babies drink their mother's milk, many don't receive it. What is stopping these mothers from breast-feeding?
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests that women breast-feed for at least 12 months to get the full benefits of improved immunity for their children, and some groups and researchers say that any supplemental feedings in the first year are problematic because they believe exclusive nursing leads to the greatest health benefits.
Nevertheless, fewer than half of American babies are breast-fed for six months. I understand why.
What You May Have Missed
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on NBC's...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 20 things I wish I would have known before...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 116
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' 3
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2
- Cruise, Ferguson deliver a winner with... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Finding more... 1
- 20 things I wish I would have known... 1