John F. Rhodes, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Albert Pujols hit two home runs and Jered Weaver won his eighth straight start, leading the Los Angeles Angels over the Texas Rangers 6-2 Tuesday night.
Mike Trout also homered as Los Angeles beat the AL West leaders for the second straight day. The charging Angels and Rangers have two games left in the series.
Weaver (14-1) gave up two runs and five hits in 6 1-3 innings. He became the eighth AL pitcher since 1921 to win at least six games without a loss in July.
Derek Holland (7-6) took the loss. Earlier in the day, Texas acquired Chicago Cubs ace Ryan Dempster in a deal shortly before the trade deadline.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 101
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19