John F. Rhodes, Associated Press
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Albert Pujols hit two home runs and Jered Weaver won his eighth straight start, leading the Los Angeles Angels over the Texas Rangers 6-2 Tuesday night.
Mike Trout also homered as Los Angeles beat the AL West leaders for the second straight day. The charging Angels and Rangers have two games left in the series.
Weaver (14-1) gave up two runs and five hits in 6 1-3 innings. He became the eighth AL pitcher since 1921 to win at least six games without a loss in July.
Derek Holland (7-6) took the loss. Earlier in the day, Texas acquired Chicago Cubs ace Ryan Dempster in a deal shortly before the trade deadline.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22