Jeffrey Phelps, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — Aramis Ramirez and Corey Hart each hit a three-run homer and the Milwaukee Brewers pounded the Houston Astros 10-1 on Wednesday.
Ramirez had three hits and four RBIs, including his 13th homer of the season in the third inning. Hart hit his three-run shot in the fifth, his 20th homer.
Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo (9-8) went seven innings, giving up one run and three hits with a walk and five strikeouts. And this time he wasn't betrayed by the team's leaky bullpen, as Jim Henderson got out of a bases-loaded jam in the eighth and Francisco Rodriguez pitched a perfect ninth.
Home plate umpire Brian Knight ejected Brewers manager Ron Roenicke and bench coach Jerry Narron in the ninth.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34