Jeffrey Phelps, Associated Press
MILWAUKEE — Aramis Ramirez and Corey Hart each hit a three-run homer and the Milwaukee Brewers pounded the Houston Astros 10-1 on Wednesday.
Ramirez had three hits and four RBIs, including his 13th homer of the season in the third inning. Hart hit his three-run shot in the fifth, his 20th homer.
Brewers starter Yovani Gallardo (9-8) went seven innings, giving up one run and three hits with a walk and five strikeouts. And this time he wasn't betrayed by the team's leaky bullpen, as Jim Henderson got out of a bases-loaded jam in the eighth and Francisco Rodriguez pitched a perfect ninth.
Home plate umpire Brian Knight ejected Brewers manager Ron Roenicke and bench coach Jerry Narron in the ninth.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25