The town wasn't big enough for the both of 'em.
Meanwhile, linebacker Bobby Wagner and running back Robert Turbin have graduated to the NFL.
The Aggies are picked to finish second in the WAC, which is good news, except for this part: Is there still a WAC? That's like being the last passenger on the Edmund Fitzgerald.
USU has Wisconsin, BYU, Utah and future Mountain West colleagues San Jose State and Colorado State on its schedule. If the Aggies win any of those, it will be a nice boost. If they drop them all, it's back to the old low-budget Aggies.
So there you have my UFO (Unidentified Football Occurrences) list for 2012.
It shouldn't be a bad year for any of Utah's colleges. But a knockout season?
Beam me up, Scotty.
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Cougars fall...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 48
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27