Michael Conroy, Associated Press
ANDERSON, Ind. — Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is ready to take the next step in his transition from college star to NFL franchise quarterback.
And his new teammates can't wait to grade it.
The No. 1 overall draft pick who has wowed coaches and teammates during the first two days of training camp practice will dress in full pads for the first time Wednesday afternoon.
Some defensive players expect this year's practices to be more intense and that they hope to break in the rookie with some interceptions.
But Luck doesn't have to worry about getting hit. He'll be dressed in a red No. 12 jersey, telling players it's hands off — something linebacker Robert Mathis says is necessary to keep Luck healthy for the regular season.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24