Former Supermodel Kathy Ireland discusses her personal faith in God
Our take: It isn't every day that Hollywood's biggest names step out and declare their faith, although thanks to the "I Am Second" video series, more stars are finding the courage to do that including former supermodel-turned-business-mogul Kathy Ireland. Although she walked through some tumultuous years, Ireland found that Jesus cared deeply for women and their needs and that making her relationship with God a priority in her life was what helped put everything else into perspective.
Supermodel-turned-business-mogul Kathy Ireland would be the first to tell you that the beginning of her modeling career in Paris is more glamorous sounding than it actually was. But out of that lonely, uncomfortable time, her life changed forever because she found a new best friend: Jesus Christ.
Inhabiting what her housemates referred to as "the dungeon" the room at the end of a long, dark hallway the then 18-year-old Ireland discovered that her newly Christian mother had secretly planted a Bible in her suitcase. Overcome by jet lag, loneliness and boredom during her first days in Paris, Ireland read the Bible her mother packed in her bag.
"I picked it up and randomly opened up to the Gospel of Matthew. And as I read, my life was forever changed," recalled Ireland in a new "I Am Second" video. "I was a rebellious teenager. I was questioning authority who really knows the truth? Who really knows what is right and what is wrong, who's to say? And I knew that what I was holding in my hands was the truth."
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 174
- Why I don’t call myself a... 96
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 24
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- The challenges and blessings of... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 16