Bob Bennett's recent article that photo IDs help prevent voter fraud was interesting ("Photo IDs may be inconvenient, but they help prevent voter fraud," July 16). He states, "An increasing number of states have passed laws requiring voter ID at the polls." I would guess those are all Republican states.
I think the Republicans know many citizens are poor and don't have the means or the way to get a government ID and most of these citizens would vote Democratic. I think voter fraud, like Bennett mentioned, is very rare, and if there was rampant fraud, we would have heard about it in the newspapers.
In my opinion, there is a lot more voter fraud going on when citizens are denied their constitutional right to vote because they don't have the "proper" government ID.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...