In a speech in Roanoke, Va., on July 13, President Obama said, "If you've got a business — you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet." With all due respect, taxpaying individuals and businesses funded the building of roads, bridges and the Internet. The government took taxpayer funds and contracted with private businesses to build those roads, bridges and the Internet.
We appreciate government's role in coordinating the effort but wish they were more efficient with our investments (taxes). We appreciate our teachers, law enforcement officers, military and the highways, both paved and electronic, that allow us to conduct business. We show that appreciation by paying our fair share of taxes and fueling the national economy with investments, initiative and hard work.
We, the people, did build the roads, bridges, Internet and our own businesses.
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- My View: Protecting Moab through a Master...
- Arthur Cyr: How Harry Potter creator trumps...
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- In our opinion: Drone use must be regulated...
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner Trump...
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic economics in...
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment 93
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 44
- Letter: Climate change disagreements 42
- Letter: Knowledge about guns 30
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic... 28
- In our opinion: California considering... 26
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner... 25