High school football preview: Manti's young offensive line could spell trouble in 2A North
7. AMERICAN LEADERSHIP: Bobby Kauo takes over as head coach after serving as a longtime assistant at Provo. Following a season in which ALA qualified for the playoffs and nearly upset Richfield in the first round, he's hoping to build off that momentum with seven returning starters defensively and six offensively. Briggs Fulton is a three-year starter at QB, and is coming off a productive junior season in which he passed for over 1,200 yards. The Eagles' lines will be anchored by Oaks Morley, a senior who's getting interest from BYU and several other schools. Carter Henderson will be a key contributor at linebacker and running back, while sophomore Neil Davis should emerge as the top receiving threat. 2011 RECORD: 3-7. PLAYOFFS: Lost to Richfield in first round.
8. NORTH SEVIER: With only about 35 kids out for football this year, it could be a tough season for North Sevier. Coach Ryan Higgs said a lot of kids who've played in the past are too concerned about getting hurt for other sports. The Wolves, however, have a decent junior class which should help them avoid relying too much on the 15 freshmen. Kolton Robins is a returning starter at linebacker, and he'll likely end up starting on the offensive line as well. The two other returning starters are Trent Hampton and Kyler Yardley, who both start at receiver and defensive back. 2011 RECORD: 1-8. PLAYOFFS: Did not qualify.
More preps online
Be sure to log on to DeseretNews.com to read 2012 football previews for Alta, Clearfield, Skyline, Grantsville, Delta and American Leadership 2A North projections
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48