Brad Rock: Rock on: UK prime minster serves up some weak (Fry) sauce
Presidential candidate Mitt Romney ruffled feathers last week when he hinted that London wouldn't be ready for the Olympic Games.
"It's hard to know just how well it will turn out," he told NBC News.
Prime Minister David Cameron quickly fired back: "We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course, it is easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere."
Rock On thinks Cameron needs to back off until England learns to make fry sauce like they do in the middle of nowhere.
Reports say U.S. Olympians must eat prodigious amounts just to get enough calories to win.
For instance, swimmer Michael Phelps consumes 4,000 calories a day — for breakfast. That includes three fried egg sandwiches, a five-egg omelet, grits, French toast and chocolate chip pancakes. A typical dinner might be a pound of pasta, a dozen eggs, a cheese pizza, a pint of ice cream and beer.
Is Rock On the only one wondering if the Americans ate dinner just before losing to France in the freestyle relay?
Actor Bill Murray was at Spring Mobile Ballpark last week to commemorate the 1987 Salt Lake Trappers, who won a record 29 consecutive games.
Murray was a part owner of the historic team.
As part of his schtick, he wound up to throw the opening pitch, but instead hucked it into the grandstands.
Probably, he did it for laughs.
Or maybe he was living out his line from "What About Bob?": "Is this some radical new therapy?"
American track star Lolo Jones is unapologetic about her virtue, saying she's not interested in meaningless physical relationships.
But she did tell "Access Hollywood" that she gets tired of waiting to meet and marry her soul mate.
It might be a long wait, though, because according to some sources, the last confirmed virgin seen in an Olympic Village was Eddie the Eagle.
Hundreds of Olympic archery fans were denied entrance on Friday, having purchased counterfeit tickets.
Scam artists said the victims were previously seen walking around London like they had bulls-eyes on their backs.
Left Coast Sports Babe on Jeremy Lin going to Houston: "Standby for "Y'aLLinsanity."
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 97
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48