Our take: "The Jesus Agenda" is a 9-week DVD course that uses a social engagement perspective to examine how the Bible approaches advocacy and uses the examples of Jesus and scripture to show how the Bible approaches treatment of the poor. Micah Challenge, the group that issued the DVD, is encouraging people of faith and leaders within various countries to help eradicate poverty by following the framework of the Bible./
Micah Challenge, a new initiative dedicated to eradicating global poverty by 2015, encourages Christians around the world to become involved in aiding the poor while holding governments responsible for their commitment for reaching the Millennium Development Goals.
To help guide Christians on this front, Micah Challenge- in partnership with Christian Aid and Compassion UK- has produced and recently released a new DVD titled "The Jesus Agenda."
This new production is actually a 9-week DVD-based course which explores the biblical framework for advocacy through a social engagement perspective.
Using the framework put forth by Luke 4:18-19, "The Jesus Agenda" highlights the role of advocacy in the civic sphere and its relationship with the Proclamation, Power and Promise that is taught in scripture.
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 32
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 22
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12
- Public invited to funeral services for... 9