LAS VEGAS — Cory Aldridge hit a three-run home run in the top of the eighth with the game tied 6-6, and then he finished things off in style with a two-run homer in the top of the ninth to help the Salt Lake Bees pull away for a 13-6 win over the Las Vegas 51s Sunday night.
Aldrige, who entered the game hitting barely over the Mendoza Line, had a career night. Besides his late-game heroics, he also had a two-run blast in the second inning. On the night he finished 3-for-5 with three home runs and seven RBIs.
Ryan Brasier picked up his fourth win on the season as he threw two innings of scoreless baseball.
Cole Calhoun and Luis Jimenez had two RBIs apiece. The same two teams meet again tonight.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28