LAS VEGAS — Cory Aldridge hit a three-run home run in the top of the eighth with the game tied 6-6, and then he finished things off in style with a two-run homer in the top of the ninth to help the Salt Lake Bees pull away for a 13-6 win over the Las Vegas 51s Sunday night.
Aldrige, who entered the game hitting barely over the Mendoza Line, had a career night. Besides his late-game heroics, he also had a two-run blast in the second inning. On the night he finished 3-for-5 with three home runs and seven RBIs.
Ryan Brasier picked up his fourth win on the season as he threw two innings of scoreless baseball.
Cole Calhoun and Luis Jimenez had two RBIs apiece. The same two teams meet again tonight.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27