LAS VEGAS — Cory Aldridge hit a three-run home run in the top of the eighth with the game tied 6-6, and then he finished things off in style with a two-run homer in the top of the ninth to help the Salt Lake Bees pull away for a 13-6 win over the Las Vegas 51s Sunday night.
Aldrige, who entered the game hitting barely over the Mendoza Line, had a career night. Besides his late-game heroics, he also had a two-run blast in the second inning. On the night he finished 3-for-5 with three home runs and seven RBIs.
Ryan Brasier picked up his fourth win on the season as he threw two innings of scoreless baseball.
Cole Calhoun and Luis Jimenez had two RBIs apiece. The same two teams meet again tonight.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36