LAS VEGAS — Cory Aldridge hit a three-run home run in the top of the eighth with the game tied 6-6, and then he finished things off in style with a two-run homer in the top of the ninth to help the Salt Lake Bees pull away for a 13-6 win over the Las Vegas 51s Sunday night.
Aldrige, who entered the game hitting barely over the Mendoza Line, had a career night. Besides his late-game heroics, he also had a two-run blast in the second inning. On the night he finished 3-for-5 with three home runs and seven RBIs.
Ryan Brasier picked up his fourth win on the season as he threw two innings of scoreless baseball.
Cole Calhoun and Luis Jimenez had two RBIs apiece. The same two teams meet again tonight.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26