LAS VEGAS — Cory Aldridge hit a three-run home run in the top of the eighth with the game tied 6-6, and then he finished things off in style with a two-run homer in the top of the ninth to help the Salt Lake Bees pull away for a 13-6 win over the Las Vegas 51s Sunday night.
Aldrige, who entered the game hitting barely over the Mendoza Line, had a career night. Besides his late-game heroics, he also had a two-run blast in the second inning. On the night he finished 3-for-5 with three home runs and seven RBIs.
Ryan Brasier picked up his fourth win on the season as he threw two innings of scoreless baseball.
Cole Calhoun and Luis Jimenez had two RBIs apiece. The same two teams meet again tonight.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34