One of the greatest advantages to moving west was the abundance of space for Colodner to work on fine art, particularly his Midrash pieces.
The shed in his carport that once held the tools and building supplies of the previous owner is now filled with paints, brushes and other creative supplies.
An adjacent storage space holds stacks of finished works, many of them Midrash works, that Colodner has created since moving to the area seven years ago.
"Our apartment in New York was too small for any of that," he said.
Many of Colodner's visions have been featured in Tucson-area galleries, including the Toscana Studio and Gallery, 9040 N. Oracle Road.
Gallery owner Linda Ahearn is a longtime fan of Colodner's art, whether it's the Midrash pieces or his modern acrylic abstracts.
"I find his work to be some of the most unique examples of creativity," Ahearn said. "He is always trying to find new ways to do things. It is that kind of art that really stands out — the stuff that you've never seen before."
Colodner said the art market has been slow as of late, which has been discouraging, but he has faith things will pick up.
He'll continue to paint in the meantime.
"I want to create something that will give people a good feeling," he said. "An understanding of something that is in my mind."
Information from: Arizona Daily Star, http://www.azstarnet.com
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- Obama administration will allow green energy...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 106
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 29
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Obama declares health care law is... 21