CHEYENNE, Wyo. — A federal grand jury in Cheyenne has charged a Utah man with bank robberies this June in Cody and Cheyenne.
Joshua Michael Beckstead is charged with two counts of bank robbery and one count of attempted bank robbery of a Cody credit union. The 32-year-old Beckstead was arrested July 4 in North Dakota.
An FBI affidavit says Beckstead is suspected of bank robberies in Ogden, Maysville, Okla., and Columbus, Mont., in May and June.
Beckstead was released from the Ogden jail May 8 to go to the dentist but never returned.
— Associated Press
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8