Little Rock Police, Associated Press
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Police found an Arkansas girl alive in Tennessee late Saturday, along with the man suspected of abducting her and killing his parents, authorities said.
Little Rock police spokeswoman Sgt. Cassandra Davis said officers in Memphis, Tenn., found 33-year-old Antonio Whitlow and 12-year-old Amber Whitlow — his parents' adopted daughter — hours after the couple was found dead at their Arkansas home.
Both Amber and Antonio Whitlow were in police custody in Memphis, Davis said late Saturday, and the girl didn't show any signs of injuries. Little Rock detectives were expected to travel to Memphis overnight to pick them up, Davis said.
Memphis police didn't immediately return a phone message seeking comment.
Antonio Whitlow was wanted on one count of kidnapping and two counts of capital murder in connection with the slayings of his 65-year-old parents, Annette and Bobby Whitlow, Davis said.
The elder Whitlows were found dead in their Little Rock home on Saturday, Davis said.
Officers received a call shortly after 3 p.m. Saturday from a church member who was supposed to meet with the couple and discovered Annette Whitlow's body. When police arrived on scene, they found Bobby Whitlow's body.
Davis wouldn't say how they died.
Outside the Whitlows' home, neighbors huddled around caution tape Saturday evening as investigators wheeled a yellow body bag out to the coroner's van.
Tyra Marion, 30, said she sometimes saw the young girl riding her bike around the neighborhood, where new homes have been cropping up. The elder Whitlows, she said, were a quiet couple who held Bible studies.
"I would have never thought they were dead," she said.
An Amber Alert issued for Amber Whitlow was canceled after Davis said she was found in Memphis, which is about 135 miles northeast of Little Rock.
Follow Jeannie Nuss at http://twitter.com/jeannienuss
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Suicide vest found in Paris raises possible...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 41
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 13
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12