Little Rock Police, Associated Press
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Police found an Arkansas girl alive in Tennessee late Saturday, along with the man suspected of abducting her and killing his parents, authorities said.
Little Rock police spokeswoman Sgt. Cassandra Davis said officers in Memphis, Tenn., found 33-year-old Antonio Whitlow and 12-year-old Amber Whitlow — his parents' adopted daughter — hours after the couple was found dead at their Arkansas home.
Both Amber and Antonio Whitlow were in police custody in Memphis, Davis said late Saturday, and the girl didn't show any signs of injuries. Little Rock detectives were expected to travel to Memphis overnight to pick them up, Davis said.
Memphis police didn't immediately return a phone message seeking comment.
Antonio Whitlow was wanted on one count of kidnapping and two counts of capital murder in connection with the slayings of his 65-year-old parents, Annette and Bobby Whitlow, Davis said.
The elder Whitlows were found dead in their Little Rock home on Saturday, Davis said.
Officers received a call shortly after 3 p.m. Saturday from a church member who was supposed to meet with the couple and discovered Annette Whitlow's body. When police arrived on scene, they found Bobby Whitlow's body.
Davis wouldn't say how they died.
Outside the Whitlows' home, neighbors huddled around caution tape Saturday evening as investigators wheeled a yellow body bag out to the coroner's van.
Tyra Marion, 30, said she sometimes saw the young girl riding her bike around the neighborhood, where new homes have been cropping up. The elder Whitlows, she said, were a quiet couple who held Bible studies.
"I would have never thought they were dead," she said.
An Amber Alert issued for Amber Whitlow was canceled after Davis said she was found in Memphis, which is about 135 miles northeast of Little Rock.
Follow Jeannie Nuss at http://twitter.com/jeannienuss
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great for...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 15
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14