Jefferson could be the biggest beneficiary of the offseason moves. If the Williamses and Foye — not to mention the Jazz's youngsters — can hit from outside like the team is counting on, that should prevent teams from playing defense with "one foot in the paint," as O'Connor admitted opponents were able to do last year.
"I can't project it, but I think what it's going to do," the Jazz GM said about the increased outside firepower, "is it's going to create an opportunity for a little bit more space."
On the other hand, O'Connor only half-jokingly said, "Maybe we can talk to our bigs about making sure they pass it to them."
The Jazz will count on an increased presence — including on the offensive end — from Enes Kanter now that he's no longer a teenager or a rusty rookie.
The possibility of Favors at center is intriguing, too, given his strength and quickness edge over the majority of NBA bigs.
Lead man: Al Jefferson
Supporting role: Enes Kanter, Derrick Favors
Projected Utah Jazz lineup
PG: Mo Williams
SG: Gordon Hayward
SF: Marvin Williams
PF: Derrick Favors
C: Al Jefferson
PG: Jamaal Tinsley, Earl Watson
SG: Randy Foye, Alec Burks
SF: DeMarre Carroll, Gordon Hayward, Paul Millsap
PF: Paul Millsap, Jeremy Evans
C: Enes Kanter, Derrick Favors
- MLS Cup live blog: Sporting KC wins 7-6 in...
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog: Minutemen's...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- BYU basketball: Hot-shooting UMass fires its...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws'...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 59
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 49
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 26
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 24