Our take: In the tragedy surrounding the shootings in the Aurora, Colorado movie theatre, there are still stories of heroes that can be found. The following article looks at three men who worked to to save the lives of others during the shooting:
If just one man had given his life by throwing himself atop his girlfriend to shield her from bullets in that Aurora theater, it would have been cause for amazement. That three apparently did so is deeply affecting. People earn the Medal of Honor for such courage and self-sacrifice in the military. There is no equivalent in ordinary life — or what should be ordinary life.
What You May Have Missed
In U.S. & World
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- This week in history: The western Roman...
- How Twitter forced the news media to pay...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 106
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 24
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14