Our take: In the tragedy surrounding the shootings in the Aurora, Colorado movie theatre, there are still stories of heroes that can be found. The following article looks at three men who worked to to save the lives of others during the shooting:
If just one man had given his life by throwing himself atop his girlfriend to shield her from bullets in that Aurora theater, it would have been cause for amazement. That three apparently did so is deeply affecting. People earn the Medal of Honor for such courage and self-sacrifice in the military. There is no equivalent in ordinary life — or what should be ordinary life.
What You May Have Missed
In U.S. & World
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Trial opens for Detroit officer who killed...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Ex-VA doctor: Phoenix report a 'whitewash'
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Officials: California wildfire destroyed,...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 17
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7