Ezra Shaw, Pool, Associated Press
Our take: Innovative, expensive and fiercely protected designs point to the growing monetary value of the Games.
Thou shalt not steal the official London 2012 emblem.
And words like Olympic, Olympian, and Olympiad well, those are off limits for commercial use too.
That is, unless your company is an official sponsor of London 2012 like Coca-Cola, Visa, and McDonalds.
As the Olympics commence this summer, the London Organising Committee (LOCOG) is committed to making sure all non-sponsors know that any sort of attempt to profit off of their legally protected phrases and designs will not be tolerated.
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Burger King Japan's latest meal is the new black
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Labor commissioner appoints new Utah OSHA...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2