Ezra Shaw, Pool, Associated Press
Our take: Innovative, expensive and fiercely protected designs point to the growing monetary value of the Games.
Thou shalt not steal the official London 2012 emblem.
And words like Olympic, Olympian, and Olympiad well, those are off limits for commercial use too.
That is, unless your company is an official sponsor of London 2012 like Coca-Cola, Visa, and McDonalds.
As the Olympics commence this summer, the London Organising Committee (LOCOG) is committed to making sure all non-sponsors know that any sort of attempt to profit off of their legally protected phrases and designs will not be tolerated.
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,...
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 30
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 17
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 11
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 10
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 9
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 6