Ezra Shaw, Pool, Associated Press
Our take: Innovative, expensive and fiercely protected designs point to the growing monetary value of the Games.
Thou shalt not steal the official London 2012 emblem.
And words like Olympic, Olympian, and Olympiad well, those are off limits for commercial use too.
That is, unless your company is an official sponsor of London 2012 like Coca-Cola, Visa, and McDonalds.
As the Olympics commence this summer, the London Organising Committee (LOCOG) is committed to making sure all non-sponsors know that any sort of attempt to profit off of their legally protected phrases and designs will not be tolerated.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000. Here...
- 12 kinds of office emails you'll get tonight
- UTA to upgrade downtown Salt Lake TRAX stations
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in Moab...
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in mid-air
- Small business survey results indicate...
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 13
- 12 women who should be on dollar bills 11
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- New grant money helps combat air pollution 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000.... 3
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 2