Ezra Shaw, Pool, Associated Press
Our take: Innovative, expensive and fiercely protected designs point to the growing monetary value of the Games.
Thou shalt not steal the official London 2012 emblem.
And words like Olympic, Olympian, and Olympiad well, those are off limits for commercial use too.
That is, unless your company is an official sponsor of London 2012 like Coca-Cola, Visa, and McDonalds.
As the Olympics commence this summer, the London Organising Committee (LOCOG) is committed to making sure all non-sponsors know that any sort of attempt to profit off of their legally protected phrases and designs will not be tolerated.
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for future...
- Weber State center helping to improve auto...
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Cedar Hills to require business licenses for...
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 32
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- The American Dream is still alive for... 5
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for... 2
- United Kingdom government predicting... 1