Ezra Shaw, Pool, Associated Press
Our take: Innovative, expensive and fiercely protected designs point to the growing monetary value of the Games.
Thou shalt not steal the official London 2012 emblem.
And words like Olympic, Olympian, and Olympiad well, those are off limits for commercial use too.
That is, unless your company is an official sponsor of London 2012 like Coca-Cola, Visa, and McDonalds.
As the Olympics commence this summer, the London Organising Committee (LOCOG) is committed to making sure all non-sponsors know that any sort of attempt to profit off of their legally protected phrases and designs will not be tolerated.
- Women innovators leading by example
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- 19 Mother's Day gift ideas for moms with...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- More Americans spending at least half... 14
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 5
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- Women innovators leading by example 3
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 2
- Exxon's 1Q profit falls 46 percent amid... 1
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open,... 1