The Hornets, Suns and Timberwolves have completed a three-team deal that will send 7-foot center Robin Lopez and forward Hakim Warrick from Phoenix to New Orleans, while moving forward Wes Johnson and a future first-round draft pick from Minnesota to the Suns.
Word of the multiplayer trade first broke on Wednesday, though the final version had minor changes.
The deal sends the contracts of Jerome Dyson and Brad Miller from New Orleans to Phoenix. Minnesota also receives three second-round draft picks in the deal.
The acquisition of Lopez fills a need at center for the Hornets, who traded away Emeka Okafor and let Chris Kaman go in free agency.
While the Hornets were able to draft 6-11 Kentucky star Anthony Davis first overall in last month's draft, Davis is expected to play often at power forward because his slender build could leave him at a defensive disadvantage in 1-on-1 matchups against some of the league's more powerful centers such as Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum.
The Hornets also have 7-footer Jason Smith on the roster, and while he has filled in at center well when called upon, he has been primarily a reserve power forward during his career.
CLIPS SIGN TURIAF: Veteran big man Ronny Turiaf has signed a one-year contract with the Los Angeles Clippers. The Clippers announced the latest move in their offseason overhaul Friday.
BULLS INK MOHAMMED:The Chicago Bulls have signed free agent center Nazr Mohammed.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 87
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 20