Danny Johnston, Associated Press
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal urged Arkansas residents to give Republicans control of the Legislature this fall and to help the party sweep the state's four congressional seats.
After a speech at the Arkansas Republican Party convention Friday evening, Jindal accepted a Henry repeating rifle as a gift — No. 11 in a state party series that includes guns given to other Republican leaders. President Abraham Lincoln once received a similar gun, according to the party's chairman.
Jindal says the nation's economy has suffered under President Barack Obama and that Obama doesn't deserve another term. Jindal compared Obama to President Jimmy Carter, but said he meant Carter no disrespect.
Jindal's speech near President Bill Clinton's boyhood home closely tracked his Thursday speech in Iowa supporting GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Top 15 states for education
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 11
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6