Ravell Call, Deseret News
With regard to Condoleezza Rice as possible vice president.
This is a very credible idea. However, a word to all Republicans and conservatives who would support her: No one should ever again refer to her as "Condee." This is patronizing, chauvinistic and demeaning. Rice is a serious person of ability and experience. She certainly would aide Mitt Romney's chances for election by adding credibility, sincerity and authenticity to his message and credentials. If elected, she would be in a position to potentially lead this country.
Referring to Rice as "Condee" as George W. Bush and some conservative talk show hosts do must stop. She is "Secretary Rice" just as Marco Rubio is "Sen. Rubio," not "Markie."
Joe Biden is becoming a punch line for late night TV comedians. No one can imagine this ever being the case with Rice. She has earned and deserves personal and professional respect. She comports herself as "Secretary Rice" without being imperious. Indeed, "Madame Vice President Rice" is an easily believable title.
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Letter: No limits
- Gov. Gary Herbert's budget hits the mark
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...