Ravell Call, Deseret News
With regard to Condoleezza Rice as possible vice president.
This is a very credible idea. However, a word to all Republicans and conservatives who would support her: No one should ever again refer to her as "Condee." This is patronizing, chauvinistic and demeaning. Rice is a serious person of ability and experience. She certainly would aide Mitt Romney's chances for election by adding credibility, sincerity and authenticity to his message and credentials. If elected, she would be in a position to potentially lead this country.
Referring to Rice as "Condee" as George W. Bush and some conservative talk show hosts do must stop. She is "Secretary Rice" just as Marco Rubio is "Sen. Rubio," not "Markie."
Joe Biden is becoming a punch line for late night TV comedians. No one can imagine this ever being the case with Rice. She has earned and deserves personal and professional respect. She comports herself as "Secretary Rice" without being imperious. Indeed, "Madame Vice President Rice" is an easily believable title.
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 42
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26