Ravell Call, Deseret News
With regard to Condoleezza Rice as possible vice president.
This is a very credible idea. However, a word to all Republicans and conservatives who would support her: No one should ever again refer to her as "Condee." This is patronizing, chauvinistic and demeaning. Rice is a serious person of ability and experience. She certainly would aide Mitt Romney's chances for election by adding credibility, sincerity and authenticity to his message and credentials. If elected, she would be in a position to potentially lead this country.
Referring to Rice as "Condee" as George W. Bush and some conservative talk show hosts do must stop. She is "Secretary Rice" just as Marco Rubio is "Sen. Rubio," not "Markie."
Joe Biden is becoming a punch line for late night TV comedians. No one can imagine this ever being the case with Rice. She has earned and deserves personal and professional respect. She comports herself as "Secretary Rice" without being imperious. Indeed, "Madame Vice President Rice" is an easily believable title.
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- Letter: King Obama
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 68
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- Letter: Acting on immigration 43
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26