BANDON, Ore. — Ogden's Zac Blair fired a third-round 72 Thursday and sits in a tie for fourth place at the Pacific Coast Amateur at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort.
Blair's three-round total of 219 puts him six strokes behind leader Jerred Bossio of Olympia, Wash., heading into Friday's final round. Eighty-four top amateurs comprise the tournament field.
Among the other Utahns in the tournament, Lindon's Mason Casper is tied for 34th place at 228, Salt Lake's Nick Drost stands in a tie for 59th at 235 and St. George's Christian Jensen is tied for 62nd at 237.
In the two-round Morse Cup competition between the 16 western golf associations, Utah finished in a tie for seventh, 12 strokes behind the winning Pacific Northwest team.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45