BANDON, Ore. — Ogden's Zac Blair fired a third-round 72 Thursday and sits in a tie for fourth place at the Pacific Coast Amateur at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort.
Blair's three-round total of 219 puts him six strokes behind leader Jerred Bossio of Olympia, Wash., heading into Friday's final round. Eighty-four top amateurs comprise the tournament field.
Among the other Utahns in the tournament, Lindon's Mason Casper is tied for 34th place at 228, Salt Lake's Nick Drost stands in a tie for 59th at 235 and St. George's Christian Jensen is tied for 62nd at 237.
In the two-round Morse Cup competition between the 16 western golf associations, Utah finished in a tie for seventh, 12 strokes behind the winning Pacific Northwest team.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 38
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24