BANDON, Ore. — Ogden's Zac Blair fired a third-round 72 Thursday and sits in a tie for fourth place at the Pacific Coast Amateur at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort.
Blair's three-round total of 219 puts him six strokes behind leader Jerred Bossio of Olympia, Wash., heading into Friday's final round. Eighty-four top amateurs comprise the tournament field.
Among the other Utahns in the tournament, Lindon's Mason Casper is tied for 34th place at 228, Salt Lake's Nick Drost stands in a tie for 59th at 235 and St. George's Christian Jensen is tied for 62nd at 237.
In the two-round Morse Cup competition between the 16 western golf associations, Utah finished in a tie for seventh, 12 strokes behind the winning Pacific Northwest team.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48