BANDON, Ore. — Ogden's Zac Blair fired a third-round 72 Thursday and sits in a tie for fourth place at the Pacific Coast Amateur at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort.
Blair's three-round total of 219 puts him six strokes behind leader Jerred Bossio of Olympia, Wash., heading into Friday's final round. Eighty-four top amateurs comprise the tournament field.
Among the other Utahns in the tournament, Lindon's Mason Casper is tied for 34th place at 228, Salt Lake's Nick Drost stands in a tie for 59th at 235 and St. George's Christian Jensen is tied for 62nd at 237.
In the two-round Morse Cup competition between the 16 western golf associations, Utah finished in a tie for seventh, 12 strokes behind the winning Pacific Northwest team.
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match Gordon...
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to talk...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Jazz rookie Rodney Hood starting to feel more...
- 10 with ties to Utah set for NBA Summer...
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 276
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 117
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- Is independence a viable option for... 55
- 4 Utah college football players named... 30
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 29
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 25
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 13