LDS, evangelicals share political aims and 'restorationism'
Scholar calls Christians, Mormons GOP's 'twin pillars'
With the philosophical viewpoint that "both the cause of truth and the society of the Saints are best served by free and open exploration and discussion," topics covered during the first day of symposium sessions included "When One Spouse Experiences a Change in Beliefs: Strengthening Your Marriage Through Shared Vulnerability," "The Bottom Line on Integrity – Or, Is Lying Sometimes the Right Thing For an Honest Person to Do?" "Addiction: A Gospel Perspective," "Talks With Heavenly Mother" and "Yes, It Has Happened! LDS + ACLU Lawsuits and How They've Expanded Civil Liberties for All Americans."
Upcoming sessions during the four-day symposium will include, "J. Golden Kimball: Missionary Father," "A New Social and Political Movement Grounded in Mormon Sensibilities," "The Health Care Crisis: A Gospel Perspective," "My Agnostic Testimony: Why Leaving the Church Was Right For Me," "Exercising Dominion: Section 121 and the Abuse of Power," "Occupy Zarahemla," "Finding Your Mormon Shaman" and "Mormons and the FBI."
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14