Matt Sayles, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — A judge appointed Tito Jackson's son Wednesday as a temporary guardian of Michael Jackson's children.
In addition, the judge temporarily suspended Katherine Jackson as the children's guardian because she is in Arizona and hadn't spoken with them in several days.
TJ Jackson appeared in court and sought the temporary appointment, but his attorney said he wasn't trying to replace Katherine Jackson permanently.
TJ Jackson said he spoke with Katherine Jackson on Tuesday, but she sounded strange. He says she was using words he had never heard her use and her voice at times sounded slurred.
The appointment came after days of turmoil among the Jackson family, with a relative reporting Katherine Jackson missing before she was located safely with other family members in Arizona.
Katherine Jackson is the court-appointed guardian of her son Michael's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket. The children have remained at the home they share with their grandmother in Calabasas.
The house was the scene of a family disturbance Monday that sheriff's deputies continue to investigate.
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to break than...
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Bound bodies of 2 found in Philly river; 3rd...
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- A New York Times article said Michael... 39
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 26
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 22
- 10 things to know about corporate... 18
- Obama back at White House after summer... 17
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13