Matt Sayles, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — A judge appointed Tito Jackson's son Wednesday as a temporary guardian of Michael Jackson's children.
In addition, the judge temporarily suspended Katherine Jackson as the children's guardian because she is in Arizona and hadn't spoken with them in several days.
TJ Jackson appeared in court and sought the temporary appointment, but his attorney said he wasn't trying to replace Katherine Jackson permanently.
TJ Jackson said he spoke with Katherine Jackson on Tuesday, but she sounded strange. He says she was using words he had never heard her use and her voice at times sounded slurred.
The appointment came after days of turmoil among the Jackson family, with a relative reporting Katherine Jackson missing before she was located safely with other family members in Arizona.
Katherine Jackson is the court-appointed guardian of her son Michael's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket. The children have remained at the home they share with their grandmother in Calabasas.
The house was the scene of a family disturbance Monday that sheriff's deputies continue to investigate.
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- New Russian military doctrine says NATO top...
- Father of pilot captured by Islamic State...
- Protesters rally for 2nd night after shooting...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- Key developments in the case of slain... 10
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5