Matt Sayles, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — A judge appointed Tito Jackson's son Wednesday as a temporary guardian of Michael Jackson's children.
In addition, the judge temporarily suspended Katherine Jackson as the children's guardian because she is in Arizona and hadn't spoken with them in several days.
TJ Jackson appeared in court and sought the temporary appointment, but his attorney said he wasn't trying to replace Katherine Jackson permanently.
TJ Jackson said he spoke with Katherine Jackson on Tuesday, but she sounded strange. He says she was using words he had never heard her use and her voice at times sounded slurred.
The appointment came after days of turmoil among the Jackson family, with a relative reporting Katherine Jackson missing before she was located safely with other family members in Arizona.
Katherine Jackson is the court-appointed guardian of her son Michael's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket. The children have remained at the home they share with their grandmother in Calabasas.
The house was the scene of a family disturbance Monday that sheriff's deputies continue to investigate.
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts of...
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who struck...
- Most K-12 students are now low income
- Private wells in California farm area show...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Storm unleashes blizzard conditions on parts...
- Residents want charges for Denver officers...
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit on...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 91
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 29
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 20
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 12
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- VP Joe Biden: More access to higher ed... 10
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10