"James May's 20th Century" (Athena, 2012, three discs, $59.99, six episodes, bonus show: "James May's Big Ideas"; 12-page booklet). Bright and witty, often quite funny British documentary series about revolutionary technologies, focusing on 20th century improvements to modern life, from air travel to artificial limbs and everything in between. The bonus show looks at robotics and power sources, among other subjects.
"Bill Moyers On Addiction: Close to Home" (Athena, 1998, two discs, $49.99, five episodes, bonus show: "Rebuilding Lives"; 16-page booklet). Moyers looks at addictions and the hopeful outlook for recovery, spurred by his oldest son's struggle with drugs and alcohol. The bonus program is taken from "NOW With Bill Moyers," an episode about activist and former addict David Lewis.
"Scooby-Doo: Laff-A-Lympics: Spooky Games" (Warner, 2012/1977, two discs, $19.98, one new 22-minute cartoon, 12 episodes of the vintage TV series "Scooby's Laff-A-Lympics"). The new cartoon has the Scooby gang heading to the World Invitation Games, but they naturally get sidetracked by spooky goings-on.
"The Inbetweeners: The Complete Series" (eOne, 2008-10, three discs, $39.98, 18 episodes, deleted scenes, audio commentaries, featurettes, bloopers). Very raunchy British comedy about four high school geeks finding solace in sex and alcohol.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Sundance to premiere 117 independent feature...
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 5
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 3
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2
- Donor offers $5 million to help protect... 1