White evangelical Christians tend to be more republican than Asian Christians, Pew study finds
Our take: A new Pew Research Center report has highlighted some of the few differences between white evangelical Christians and Asian-American evangelicals, finding that while Asian-Americans are more Republican than other Asian-Americans, they are less so than whites. The report also found that Asian-American Hindus are the most Democratic, at 72 percent, followed by Asian-American Buddhists, but that Asian-American Catholics and mainline Protestants are evenly split along Democratic-Republican party lines.
Asian-American evangelicals are mostly Republican and more likely to be Republican than other Asian-Americans, but less likely than white evangelicals to be Republican, according to a new report by Pew Research Center. The difference may have to do with different ideas about the role of government.
Forty-two percent of the sample of 1,599 Asian-Americans identified themselves as Christian and, of those, 40 percent said they were "born-again" or evangelical Christian.
While most Asian-Americans (52 percent) identify with the Democratic Party or lean to the Democratic Party, 56 percent of evangelical Asian-Americans identify as Republican or lean Republican. Evangelicals are the only religious group among Asian-Americans in the survey that are majority Republican. Among white evangelicals, though, 70 percent identified as Republican or lean Republican, 14 percentage points greater than Asian-American evangelicals.
Read more about Asian-American evangelicals tend to be Republicans on The Christian Post.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online database...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Choosing to act
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church meeting...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 35
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 12
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- New Harmony: Reading the pope's words... 6
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5