White evangelical Christians tend to be more republican than Asian Christians, Pew study finds
Our take: A new Pew Research Center report has highlighted some of the few differences between white evangelical Christians and Asian-American evangelicals, finding that while Asian-Americans are more Republican than other Asian-Americans, they are less so than whites. The report also found that Asian-American Hindus are the most Democratic, at 72 percent, followed by Asian-American Buddhists, but that Asian-American Catholics and mainline Protestants are evenly split along Democratic-Republican party lines.
Asian-American evangelicals are mostly Republican and more likely to be Republican than other Asian-Americans, but less likely than white evangelicals to be Republican, according to a new report by Pew Research Center. The difference may have to do with different ideas about the role of government.
Forty-two percent of the sample of 1,599 Asian-Americans identified themselves as Christian and, of those, 40 percent said they were "born-again" or evangelical Christian.
While most Asian-Americans (52 percent) identify with the Democratic Party or lean to the Democratic Party, 56 percent of evangelical Asian-Americans identify as Republican or lean Republican. Evangelicals are the only religious group among Asian-Americans in the survey that are majority Republican. Among white evangelicals, though, 70 percent identified as Republican or lean Republican, 14 percentage points greater than Asian-American evangelicals.
Read more about Asian-American evangelicals tend to be Republicans on The Christian Post.
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- Mormon missionary killed, another injured in...
- Why more young women are leaving church
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith's... 83
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 73
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 44
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 27
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 25
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22