White evangelical Christians tend to be more republican than Asian Christians, Pew study finds
Our take: A new Pew Research Center report has highlighted some of the few differences between white evangelical Christians and Asian-American evangelicals, finding that while Asian-Americans are more Republican than other Asian-Americans, they are less so than whites. The report also found that Asian-American Hindus are the most Democratic, at 72 percent, followed by Asian-American Buddhists, but that Asian-American Catholics and mainline Protestants are evenly split along Democratic-Republican party lines.
Asian-American evangelicals are mostly Republican and more likely to be Republican than other Asian-Americans, but less likely than white evangelicals to be Republican, according to a new report by Pew Research Center. The difference may have to do with different ideas about the role of government.
Forty-two percent of the sample of 1,599 Asian-Americans identified themselves as Christian and, of those, 40 percent said they were "born-again" or evangelical Christian.
While most Asian-Americans (52 percent) identify with the Democratic Party or lean to the Democratic Party, 56 percent of evangelical Asian-Americans identify as Republican or lean Republican. Evangelicals are the only religious group among Asian-Americans in the survey that are majority Republican. Among white evangelicals, though, 70 percent identified as Republican or lean Republican, 14 percentage points greater than Asian-American evangelicals.
Read more about Asian-American evangelicals tend to be Republicans on The Christian Post.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 292
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- Religious groups react to Boy... 71
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 42
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 26
- ... 10
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 5