ESPN: Utah Jazz to sign G Randy Foye to 1-year contract
SALT LAKE CITY — It appears Mo Williams will have one more familiar face around him when he returns to play for the Utah Jazz this season.
Guard Randy Foye, Williams' teammate with the Los Angeles Clippers, will sign a one-year deal with the Jazz, a source told ESPN's Ric Bucher.
Bucher tweeted the news late Monday night, calling the move a "solid pick-up" by the Jazz. The ESPN writer also wrote that the soon-to-be 29-year-old is "the last of the quality shooting guards left on the free-agent market."
The 6-foot-4 guard gives the Jazz another outside threat, having shot 36.6 percent from beyond the 3-point line during his career. In six seasons, he's averaged 11.6 points (16.3 ppg in 2008-09), 3.2 assists, 2.4 rebounds, 41.1 percent field-goal shooting and 86.1 percent from the free-throw line.
Foye started most of this past season for the Clippers, including all 11 of their playoff games, after Chauncey Billups went down with an Achilles tendon injury in February.
Foye has played six seasons in the NBA since his college career at Villanova. His previous pro stops include two seasons with the Clippers, a year in Washington and three seasons in Minnesota.
The Jazz have not formally announced Foye's signing, and general manager Kevin O'Connor could not be reached for comment.
Foye's addition would bring the Jazz's roster to an NBA maximum of 15, pending the fate of shooting guard Raja Bell and forwards DeMarre Carroll and Kevin Murphy.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 74
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 61
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52