Salt Lake Bees: Geena Davis part of 'A League of Their Own' 20th anniversary party at Bees game
SALT LAKE CITY — On Friday and in conjunction with Zions Bank and the Utah Film Center, the Salt Lake Bees will welcome Academy Award-winning actor Geena Davis to Spring Mobile Ballpark for a 20th anniversary celebration of her hit film "A League of Their Own."
A free showing of the film, to be introduced by Davis, will take place on the outfield grass immediately following the game. In addition, Davis will participate in batting practice with the Bees, throw the ceremonial first pitch prior to the game and lead the crowd in singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh-inning stretch.
The event will feature recognition of the Utah Shamrocks, one of the top women's fast-pitch softball teams in the country from 1935-78, while the current USA Baseball Women's National Team coaching staff will also take part in the celebration.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22