Salt Lake Bees: Geena Davis part of 'A League of Their Own' 20th anniversary party at Bees game
SALT LAKE CITY — On Friday and in conjunction with Zions Bank and the Utah Film Center, the Salt Lake Bees will welcome Academy Award-winning actor Geena Davis to Spring Mobile Ballpark for a 20th anniversary celebration of her hit film "A League of Their Own."
A free showing of the film, to be introduced by Davis, will take place on the outfield grass immediately following the game. In addition, Davis will participate in batting practice with the Bees, throw the ceremonial first pitch prior to the game and lead the crowd in singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh-inning stretch.
The event will feature recognition of the Utah Shamrocks, one of the top women's fast-pitch softball teams in the country from 1935-78, while the current USA Baseball Women's National Team coaching staff will also take part in the celebration.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 42
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26