Your editorial cartoon, the one showing the wrecked car, needs to show the previous frame (July 17). The one with the car being battered by the sledgehammer wielding Republican legislators. The Republican legislators are battering the car, which contains programs they favor, because they would rather destroy programs they favor than let President Obama have any success.
They destroyed programs they favored, even though doing so would do harm to the public, rather than let the president have any success. They don't care about providing needed programs. Their only care is that Obama doesn't succeed. When Obama spoke to the joint legislative houses they refused to show any respect to the office of the president of the United States of America. Everyone of those Republicans should be ousted from office.
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 71
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 53
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 39
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27