Your editorial cartoon, the one showing the wrecked car, needs to show the previous frame (July 17). The one with the car being battered by the sledgehammer wielding Republican legislators. The Republican legislators are battering the car, which contains programs they favor, because they would rather destroy programs they favor than let President Obama have any success.
They destroyed programs they favored, even though doing so would do harm to the public, rather than let the president have any success. They don't care about providing needed programs. Their only care is that Obama doesn't succeed. When Obama spoke to the joint legislative houses they refused to show any respect to the office of the president of the United States of America. Everyone of those Republicans should be ousted from office.
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Letters: Move to the center
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21