Your editorial cartoon, the one showing the wrecked car, needs to show the previous frame (July 17). The one with the car being battered by the sledgehammer wielding Republican legislators. The Republican legislators are battering the car, which contains programs they favor, because they would rather destroy programs they favor than let President Obama have any success.
They destroyed programs they favored, even though doing so would do harm to the public, rather than let the president have any success. They don't care about providing needed programs. Their only care is that Obama doesn't succeed. When Obama spoke to the joint legislative houses they refused to show any respect to the office of the president of the United States of America. Everyone of those Republicans should be ousted from office.
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19