, LDS Church Public Affairs
Because I grew up next to the Missionary Training Center, or MTC, in Provo, I am very interested in the proposal to build a nine-story building in this essentially residential neighborhood (in contradiction to the original understanding that nothing taller than four stories would ever be built).
I do not think that other alternatives to meet the MTC's need for expansion have been sufficiently explored, or if they have, they have not been presented to the community in an approach of dialogue and persuasion.
Whatever the ultimate outcome, I think it is critical that the voices of the adjacent residents are solicited, engaged and heard without any implicit fear of church discipline or feelings of guilt for the expression of concerns.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15