, LDS Church Public Affairs
Because I grew up next to the Missionary Training Center, or MTC, in Provo, I am very interested in the proposal to build a nine-story building in this essentially residential neighborhood (in contradiction to the original understanding that nothing taller than four stories would ever be built).
I do not think that other alternatives to meet the MTC's need for expansion have been sufficiently explored, or if they have, they have not been presented to the community in an approach of dialogue and persuasion.
Whatever the ultimate outcome, I think it is critical that the voices of the adjacent residents are solicited, engaged and heard without any implicit fear of church discipline or feelings of guilt for the expression of concerns.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30