, LDS Church Public Affairs
Because I grew up next to the Missionary Training Center, or MTC, in Provo, I am very interested in the proposal to build a nine-story building in this essentially residential neighborhood (in contradiction to the original understanding that nothing taller than four stories would ever be built).
I do not think that other alternatives to meet the MTC's need for expansion have been sufficiently explored, or if they have, they have not been presented to the community in an approach of dialogue and persuasion.
Whatever the ultimate outcome, I think it is critical that the voices of the adjacent residents are solicited, engaged and heard without any implicit fear of church discipline or feelings of guilt for the expression of concerns.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and... 28