, LDS Church Public Affairs
Because I grew up next to the Missionary Training Center, or MTC, in Provo, I am very interested in the proposal to build a nine-story building in this essentially residential neighborhood (in contradiction to the original understanding that nothing taller than four stories would ever be built).
I do not think that other alternatives to meet the MTC's need for expansion have been sufficiently explored, or if they have, they have not been presented to the community in an approach of dialogue and persuasion.
Whatever the ultimate outcome, I think it is critical that the voices of the adjacent residents are solicited, engaged and heard without any implicit fear of church discipline or feelings of guilt for the expression of concerns.
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 82
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 71
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27