Salt Lake City: Utah Families Supporting Adoption Conference (for adoptive and birth families), Aug. 10-11, Salt Lake Institute at the University of Utah, 1780 E. South Campus Drive (see laytonfsa.blogspot.com/2012/03/2012-fsa-statewide-conference-utah.html for information)
Temple Square: Organ recitals, daily Monday-Saturday, noon, Tabernacle, and 2 p.m, Conference Center, Sundays, 2 p.m., Conference Center; Assembly Hall; Pioneer Day Concert, "The Joy of Song," Mormon Tabernacle Choir, July 20-21, 7:30 p.m., Conference Center (tickets already distributed; standby line will form by the North Gate on Temple Square); the All-American Boys Chorus, July 28, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; Flautissimo flute choir, director Lorinda Atwater, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; Lambert-Margetts Duo, Adam Lambert on trumpet and James Margetts on piano, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; "Families Making Music" concert, featuring the Dan and Susanne Price family, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; soprano Aura Nielsen, Aug. 25, Assembly Hall
Time Out for Women: "Seek the Good," Oct. 12-13, Logan event, Utah State University, Kent Concert Hall, 4030 Old Main Hill, Logan; Richfield event, Sevier Valley Center, Arena, 800 W. 200 South, Richfield; Salt Lake City event (also includes Time Out for Girls), Salt Palace Convention Center, Hall 4, 100 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City (see deseretbook.com/timeout for tickets, registration, presenters and other and information)
'Wilford's Conversion': A play about President Wilford Woodruff's early years and conversion, July 23, 7 p.m., July 24, 4 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., $5 for those 13 and older, 1604 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City
Merrill Osmond's Youth Pioneer Pageant: July 21, 23 and 24, West Jordan Arena, 8030 S. 2200 West, West Jordan (tickets required, see www.pioneerpageant.com for information)
Regional 2012 Youth Celebration and Dance Festival: July 20, 8 p.m., July 21, 5 p.m., 8 p.m., Patriot High School, Nokesville, Va., (event is free, tickets required, see www.arisestandshine.com/tickets)
Calgary Alberta Temple: Open house, Sept. 29-Oct. 20, closed Sundays and Oct. 6 (tickets required, see www.calgarymormontemple.org); cultural celebration, Oct. 27; dedication, Oct. 28 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dan Jackson calls on family experience to...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- After government topples crosses in China,...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 74
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 65
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 49
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 32
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 21
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16