Salt Lake City: Utah Families Supporting Adoption Conference (for adoptive and birth families), Aug. 10-11, Salt Lake Institute at the University of Utah, 1780 E. South Campus Drive (see laytonfsa.blogspot.com/2012/03/2012-fsa-statewide-conference-utah.html for information)
Temple Square: Organ recitals, daily Monday-Saturday, noon, Tabernacle, and 2 p.m, Conference Center, Sundays, 2 p.m., Conference Center; Assembly Hall; Pioneer Day Concert, "The Joy of Song," Mormon Tabernacle Choir, July 20-21, 7:30 p.m., Conference Center (tickets already distributed; standby line will form by the North Gate on Temple Square); the All-American Boys Chorus, July 28, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; Flautissimo flute choir, director Lorinda Atwater, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; Lambert-Margetts Duo, Adam Lambert on trumpet and James Margetts on piano, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; "Families Making Music" concert, featuring the Dan and Susanne Price family, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; soprano Aura Nielsen, Aug. 25, Assembly Hall
Time Out for Women: "Seek the Good," Oct. 12-13, Logan event, Utah State University, Kent Concert Hall, 4030 Old Main Hill, Logan; Richfield event, Sevier Valley Center, Arena, 800 W. 200 South, Richfield; Salt Lake City event (also includes Time Out for Girls), Salt Palace Convention Center, Hall 4, 100 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City (see deseretbook.com/timeout for tickets, registration, presenters and other and information)
'Wilford's Conversion': A play about President Wilford Woodruff's early years and conversion, July 23, 7 p.m., July 24, 4 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., $5 for those 13 and older, 1604 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City
Merrill Osmond's Youth Pioneer Pageant: July 21, 23 and 24, West Jordan Arena, 8030 S. 2200 West, West Jordan (tickets required, see www.pioneerpageant.com for information)
Regional 2012 Youth Celebration and Dance Festival: July 20, 8 p.m., July 21, 5 p.m., 8 p.m., Patriot High School, Nokesville, Va., (event is free, tickets required, see www.arisestandshine.com/tickets)
Calgary Alberta Temple: Open house, Sept. 29-Oct. 20, closed Sundays and Oct. 6 (tickets required, see www.calgarymormontemple.org); cultural celebration, Oct. 27; dedication, Oct. 28 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 166
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- General Women's Session focuses on... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- State bills to protect religious... 11
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8