Salt Lake City: Utah Families Supporting Adoption Conference (for adoptive and birth families), Aug. 10-11, Salt Lake Institute at the University of Utah, 1780 E. South Campus Drive (see laytonfsa.blogspot.com/2012/03/2012-fsa-statewide-conference-utah.html for information)
Temple Square: Organ recitals, daily Monday-Saturday, noon, Tabernacle, and 2 p.m, Conference Center, Sundays, 2 p.m., Conference Center; Assembly Hall; Pioneer Day Concert, "The Joy of Song," Mormon Tabernacle Choir, July 20-21, 7:30 p.m., Conference Center (tickets already distributed; standby line will form by the North Gate on Temple Square); the All-American Boys Chorus, July 28, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; Flautissimo flute choir, director Lorinda Atwater, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; Lambert-Margetts Duo, Adam Lambert on trumpet and James Margetts on piano, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; "Families Making Music" concert, featuring the Dan and Susanne Price family, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall; soprano Aura Nielsen, Aug. 25, Assembly Hall
Time Out for Women: "Seek the Good," Oct. 12-13, Logan event, Utah State University, Kent Concert Hall, 4030 Old Main Hill, Logan; Richfield event, Sevier Valley Center, Arena, 800 W. 200 South, Richfield; Salt Lake City event (also includes Time Out for Girls), Salt Palace Convention Center, Hall 4, 100 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City (see deseretbook.com/timeout for tickets, registration, presenters and other and information)
'Wilford's Conversion': A play about President Wilford Woodruff's early years and conversion, July 23, 7 p.m., July 24, 4 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., $5 for those 13 and older, 1604 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City
Merrill Osmond's Youth Pioneer Pageant: July 21, 23 and 24, West Jordan Arena, 8030 S. 2200 West, West Jordan (tickets required, see www.pioneerpageant.com for information)
Regional 2012 Youth Celebration and Dance Festival: July 20, 8 p.m., July 21, 5 p.m., 8 p.m., Patriot High School, Nokesville, Va., (event is free, tickets required, see www.arisestandshine.com/tickets)
Calgary Alberta Temple: Open house, Sept. 29-Oct. 20, closed Sundays and Oct. 6 (tickets required, see www.calgarymormontemple.org); cultural celebration, Oct. 27; dedication, Oct. 28 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to email@example.com and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about...
- Elder and Sister Renlund speak during BYU...
- Why pray? Different faiths are united over...
- Music and the Spoken Word: The time to prepare
- Sister Linda K. Burton speaks at BYU Women's...
- One year ago, founding member of SEAL Team...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an... 93
- ... 41
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about... 35
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 32
- LDS leaders announce new teaching... 26
- Why pray? Different faiths are united... 14
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 12
- The positive role religion plays in... 8