Utah, Utah State basketball: Utes, Aggies agree to basketball home-and-home series
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LOGAN — Utah State and the University of Utah announced Friday that the Aggies men's basketball will face Utah in a two-year series beginning in 2014-15 in Salt Lake City, while playing in Logan in 2015-16, both schools.
"We are excited about renewing the series with Utah and look forward to the competition," USU coach Stew Morrill said.
Utah State and Utah have met 223 times, making it the second-oldest rivalry in both the Aggies and Utes' histories, both trailing their respective series with Brigham Young.
While Utah holds a 129-94 series advantage, Utah State has won eight of the last 13 games played in the series, including the last meeting on Nov. 24, 2010.
"This is an important rivalry for basketball in the state of Utah and it's great for the fans. I'm delighted we were able to get this historic series back on track," Utah State athletics director Scott Barnes said.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35