Evan Vucci, Associated Press
BOSTON — Mitt Romney is attacking President Barack Obama in a new television ad that seizes on the president's suggestion that government helps create businesses.
The Republican presidential candidate's new ad, entitled "These Hands," features Obama's remarks from a Virginia campaign stop last week. It shows a business owner who says he and his father used hard work to build their company.
Obama told supporters last week that "somebody else" helped create their businesses. The remark came as Obama discussed the supportive role of government in the nation's economic success.
The Romney campaign has refused to say where and when the new ad is running. It follows a week in which Romney has aggressively attacked Obama for the comment, among others, as the Republican faces growing calls to release his tax returns.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12