Evan Vucci, Associated Press
BOSTON — Mitt Romney is attacking President Barack Obama in a new television ad that seizes on the president's suggestion that government helps create businesses.
The Republican presidential candidate's new ad, entitled "These Hands," features Obama's remarks from a Virginia campaign stop last week. It shows a business owner who says he and his father used hard work to build their company.
Obama told supporters last week that "somebody else" helped create their businesses. The remark came as Obama discussed the supportive role of government in the nation's economic success.
The Romney campaign has refused to say where and when the new ad is running. It follows a week in which Romney has aggressively attacked Obama for the comment, among others, as the Republican faces growing calls to release his tax returns.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6