Evan Vucci, Associated Press
BOSTON — Mitt Romney is attacking President Barack Obama in a new television ad that seizes on the president's suggestion that government helps create businesses.
The Republican presidential candidate's new ad, entitled "These Hands," features Obama's remarks from a Virginia campaign stop last week. It shows a business owner who says he and his father used hard work to build their company.
Obama told supporters last week that "somebody else" helped create their businesses. The remark came as Obama discussed the supportive role of government in the nation's economic success.
The Romney campaign has refused to say where and when the new ad is running. It follows a week in which Romney has aggressively attacked Obama for the comment, among others, as the Republican faces growing calls to release his tax returns.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5