Evan Vucci, Associated Press
BOSTON — Mitt Romney is attacking President Barack Obama in a new television ad that seizes on the president's suggestion that government helps create businesses.
The Republican presidential candidate's new ad, entitled "These Hands," features Obama's remarks from a Virginia campaign stop last week. It shows a business owner who says he and his father used hard work to build their company.
Obama told supporters last week that "somebody else" helped create their businesses. The remark came as Obama discussed the supportive role of government in the nation's economic success.
The Romney campaign has refused to say where and when the new ad is running. It follows a week in which Romney has aggressively attacked Obama for the comment, among others, as the Republican faces growing calls to release his tax returns.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Be ready for 'prolonged' Gaza war, Netanyahu...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10