Evan Vucci, Associated Press
BOSTON — Mitt Romney is attacking President Barack Obama in a new television ad that seizes on the president's suggestion that government helps create businesses.
The Republican presidential candidate's new ad, entitled "These Hands," features Obama's remarks from a Virginia campaign stop last week. It shows a business owner who says he and his father used hard work to build their company.
Obama told supporters last week that "somebody else" helped create their businesses. The remark came as Obama discussed the supportive role of government in the nation's economic success.
The Romney campaign has refused to say where and when the new ad is running. It follows a week in which Romney has aggressively attacked Obama for the comment, among others, as the Republican faces growing calls to release his tax returns.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 120
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Another American hostage at risk by... 13